- This event has passed.
YG: Acts of Charity
February 28 @ 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
“To live charitably means not looking out for our own interests, but carrying the burdens of the weakest and poorest among us.” (Pope Francis)
The Season of LENT is (almost) upon us (beginning with ASH Wednesday, 6 March 2019) … and as Followers of Christ, we are challenged to live out a Life of Love, through Acts of Charity.
Regardless of the size or nature of these acts of kindness and hope, they are all true, concrete manifestations of God’s love in our lives, and in the lives of those whom we touch. A heart conformed to God cannot remain permanently indifferent towards others. As Christians, we cannot cut the world off from our smiles, our laughter, and the hope of God that is in us … The world needs it!
Come join us this Friday (1 March), as Fr. Ramon (SDB) shares some helpful insights.
“To put into practice this witness of charity, the encounter with the Lord who transforms man’s heart and outlook is therefore indispensable. Indeed, it is the witness of God’s love for each one of our brothers and sisters in humanity which gives true meaning to Christian charity. Charity cannot be reduced to mere humanism or to a project for human advancement. Material aid, however necessary it may be, is not the be-all and end-all of charity, which is participation in Christ’s love, received and shared. Every authentic charitable action is thus a tangible manifestation of God’s love for men and women and thereby becomes a proclamation of the Gospel.” (Pope Benedict XVI)
YOUTH GATHERING / WORDCHILLOUT welcomes all (especially youths – upper primary, secondary, college, university & working adults) – for a time of WORSHIP; meeting up with new & old friends (FELLOWSHIP); and learn more about our Christian/Catholic faith, through THE WORD (FAITH)!
All guests are reminded & encouraged to bring along:
1. a Bible – for easy reference
2. writing materials – to write & take notes
3. (a) friend(s) – to share this experience with!
Fun Dress-Code: any colors (must be proper & presentable)
There will be FUN-FELLOWSHIP-FAITH GROWTH!
Come join us … see you there!! 彡
- EMPOWERED Ministry
- St Joseph’s Cathedral Parish Gallery
- Kuching, 93000 Malaysia + Google Map
- RT @CatholicDigest : "Today, as we gather to celebrate the Eucharist, let us hear Jesus with our hearts. Let us sit in the presence of the m… 11 months ago
- RT @VaticanNews : #Gospel of the Day (John 6,51-58) "I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live for… 11 months ago