CAMP COMMUNITY COVENANT
Because of potential disruptions and to ensure the smooth running of the camp, I understand the need to be responsible on this trip & follow these specific guidelines. I realize my actions may affect the safety and the community of this camp.
DURING TRANSIT (to & from Camp Empowered)
1. I understand the need to observe all safety etiquettes related to traveling on any arranged transportation, to and from the Camp – which includes NO pushing passengers or items off the moving vehicles, even though it’s really tempting or “cool” to do so at times!
2. I will follow the directions of the organizers in ensuring that I am placed on the right transportation, going to the right place, at the right time. If I should end up lost in the middle of nowhere, I will bear all responsibilities and expenses in bringing myself to the right place, at the right time!
ELECTRONIC GADGETS & GIZMOS
1. I understand and I honour the established programme guidelines. I will not bring along a CD PLAYER, MP3 PLAYER, iPOD, iPAD, X-BOX, PLAY-STATION, GAME-BOY, PSP, TABLET or any other WMAPorG (Whatever More Advanced Player or Gadget) devices, especially when the programme is in session. If I do bring any WMAPorG devices along, it will be under my full responsibility, in case of damages, lost or theft.
2. I will ensure all my personal electronic communication devices, hand-phones and other handheld devices etc are switched off or set to silent mode especially when the programme is in session. In cases of emergencies, I will answer or make calls OUTSIDE the session hall (so as not to disturb others!) Also, I will not succumb to any temptation to text-message (SMS, Whatsapp, WeChat etc) to anyone, during session – even if I am suffering from “SMS-itis” (compulsive text-messaging).
1. I understand the need to safe-guard any personal belongings that I bring along with me. The organizers will not bear any lost of personal belonging – this includes hand-phones, digital cameras, wallets, purses, money, diary, Bible, teddy bear, etc.
2. I understand that I am NOT ALLOWED to POSSESS or CONSUME any alcohol, or any other type of drugs, unless prescribed. Proof of prescription is required.
3. This is a NON-SMOKING programme. Smoking is NON-PERMISSIBLE on the pre-arranged transportation and at Camp – especially within the session halls, foyer, toilets or any public gathering places. We (the organizers & community) care for you and your lungs!
1. I understand that I need to LIMIT my Public Display of Affection (PDA), especially if I am not married! This applies even when I am already going “steady” with someone, of either gender!
2. I understand the need for separated gender accommodation arrangements (except for married couples – if additional rooms permits) & I will honour this.
3. I understand that there is no unsupervised night or day activities without the consent of the organizers. This includes unauthorized swimming!
4. I will follow the directions (instructions) of the organizers and working committee, in ensuring my safety at all times at the camp.
5. I will respect others, especially those of the opposite gender, especially in my conduct and behaviour. After all, wild animals belong in the Zoo, or in the Jungle and not in this camp!
6. I will participate (as fully as possible) in all activities scheduled for this camp.
1. Failure to observe & abide by any of the above guidelines will result in me being sent home immediately, at my family's/own expenses.
2. The organizers WILL NOT BEAR any responsibilities over damages, self-injury or lost of life, caused by any misbehaviour or misconduct by myself during camp. However, the organizers (& ministry leaders) are authorized and permitted to advice, counsel or discipline me accordingly, for my welfare, as well as to safeguard the safety and comfort of others within the group.
I will follow the above guidelines and respect the EMPOWERED Ministry Leadership. I understand and will respect the consequences if I choose not to follow the rules and regulations.